Wednesday 21 March 2018

Welcome Willa Katherine Truly! (AGPS+Introductory 03-20-18)

Hello loves,  today's blog post is a little more extraordinary than recent ones have been because today I'm introducing a new friend! Ever since the Wellie-Wishers came out I've been debating with myself on whether or not to get one, not wanting to feel obligated to begin another major collection, but since I am going on a trip and didn't just want to bring a mini doll, (also my cousin that I'm visiting on said trip has an Ashlyn doll) I thought it was the perfect time if I was to get one. So on Friday after voice lessons, my Mawmaw took Bren and I to Toys-R-Us, since he had never been and she let me pick one out. So please, welcome to the group, Willa Katherine Truly! (I know, I know, it's a mouthful I couldn't make up my mind!)
Initially I was going to get Kendall, but I have a really hard time passing up a redhead, as a ginger myself. We gingers have to stick together, you know.
She is super cute, but photographing her is going to be a learning curve because she's so light compared to the others and likes to fall down. Not a good doll for windy photography!
She has a big heart, I know that much already!
Also, Happy Second Day of Spring!
See her left boot, how it's messed up? Story time in a moment.
I love her shirt so much!
Hedgehogs on her skirt. Absolutely adore this colour.
Bunny ears! ;P
And of course doggy ears for her curly hair.
Alright, so, this is how the story goes. I had taken Willa's boots off to take a photo-shoot before deciding that I wanted to take pictures of her in town (Which didn't end up happening) so I put the boots in her lap and loaded her up into my usual backpack, not thinking twice about it really. When I took her out, back at home, I noticed this little black dot that hadn't been there before, I picked up the boot, and sure enough...
There was a black dot missing from the ladybug's nose. The paint from the boots had bled onto Willa's vinyl. I cleaned off her leg with water, but as you can see in the photo-shoot above, it is still very obvious. That being said, you can't see the issue on her leg if she's wearing her boots, but the boot is messed up now! I'm very disappointed, I certainly would never have expected this from American Girl, maybe Our Generation or Journey Girl, but not AG. So I emailed them twice about it and both times I got told to call if I wanted anything done about it. If I have to call it's likely going to spike my anxiety levels, so I haven't done that yet, I'm trying to make up my mind whether it's worth the fight or not. 
What do you think? Have you ever been astonished in a bad way about an AG product? 
If you'd like to know a little bit more about Willa's personality, let me know down below and I'll see about getting a post done about it. I have some really fun photo-shoot ideas for her, so cross your fingers I can find time and energy to get that done!
Thanks for stopping by!
<3
~Lu & Willa K. Truly

6 comments:

  1. Hi!! Willa is so cute! Nice Blog! Have you herd of Winnie the horse gentler?? it's a book and I have a blog about it called crazy about Winnie. do you mind checking it out? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHH!!! YOU LIVE IN LA!!! WHAT PART! down OR UP?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in southern Louisiana! I actually was trying to meet-up with your sister when she was still blogging, but it never happened! =)
      Thank you for stopping by.
      ~Lu

      Delete
  3. Willa is adorable! Looking forward to seeing more of her. Willa is my favorite of the Wellies because of her hedgehog outfit.

    Have I been disappointed by AG. yes. The first time was with one of the school outfits. It was super cute and at the time I only had Melody who is a transition American Girl of Today. the top fit okay, but the jeans I couldn't get them on at all. AG switched the outfit 3 times before we exchanged it for a totally different outfit. that being said, (at the time) customer service was wonderful about trying to make me happy and helping me get the right fit.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete