Tuesday 5 December 2017

I need to confess something...

Hi--I haven't posted on here in maybe two months. That is possibly the longest break I've ever taken from blogging. I skipped Halloween, my blogiversary, Kit and My Friendiversary, Thanksgiving, and other things.
I don't know how to apologise, and I'm not doing this for you,dear reader, you're getting tired of my excuses; I'm doing this for me.
Blogging is something I've been doing for five years, it's a way to share words, passions, pictures, and opinions with people who care enough to follow and read the things you write.
I love that. I love what I have here on this blog. I don't want to leave this behind. I'm not saying I'm going to, I'm just scared that if my habit with this keeps up, it's going to slip on the slide and I won't be able to grab it in time.
So this is what I'm going to do. I am going to make myself post once a week. It'll go on my calendar, and if it doesn't get done on that day, you're going to get two posts. This will be my way of keeping myself accounted for.
I have been letting myself slip up this year because my mental health has been really rough. And though rest is a wonderful thing, deciding you're going to break when people expect things from you just gets you behind in life. I don't want that.
Maybe by doing this, I can get my priorities in some sort of line. If I don't have pictures to take, it will challenge me to go out and get some. I'm not going to give you guys up without a fight. Junior year just caught me off guard and pulled me under a riptide of fear, panic, homework, and dread. It's my job to get myself up.
So instead of sitting at the computer pulling my hair out over uni fears, writing songs about depression, wondering why my maths hw and speeches aren't getting done; I'm going to try to get things back to an ordinary schedule.
I'm sorry for an update post with no pictures, if I begin looking for pictures, this might not get posted. In a few days there will be a post up--I don't know what it'll be yet, but it will be done. Please if you would pray for me, friends, I'm not doing my best this year, and I know that--I keep fighting with myself over just that. I need to get my act together, but some days everything hurts and looks overwhelming and I just can't try. I need strength, a clear mind, grace, and time. I'm sorry if this has stressed you out, I just felt like I needed to be honest with you all.
<3 You're all amazing, never stop fighting friends.
~Lainey-Lu D.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lainey; I found your blog on American Girl Fan links, and decided to check it out. It looks marvelous. You've put a lot of work into it, and your photos are well done. I have around 18 AG dolls (or more) and I'm an ancient woman now. LOL I never had any daughters, only one son who is now 28 and long gone from home. So I too have a doll blog, and I enjoy taking photos of them. Sometimes life does get overwhelming, but remember you are God's child, and He will carry you through if you place your trust in Him. I think you are going about things the right way, and before you know it you will have graduated from High School, and then you'll look back upon those happy golden years and wonder how they flew by so fast. (I speak from experience) Have a great dolly week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ms Loretta for your encouraging message. I really needed this today.<3
    ~Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Loretta. You've put a lot of work into this blog, and it's okay for you to slip up sometimes. High-school can be hard, and so can life, it's okay to get overwhelmed sometimes. Just trust in God, and He will help you get through what you're going through. And don't be afraid to take the time you need to feel better. Love you Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rachel! I greatly appreciate all of your encouragement.
    Love you too.<3
    ~Lu

    ReplyDelete