Tuesday 18 August 2015

Lu's Pastel Birthday for 15.

Hullo everyone! Yesterday was my birthday; and that means that I have a (long) post for you all. 
Saturday was my party, let's start with getting ready for the party.

The party's theme was roughly: Pastel, French-bakery, Glamper-y things. I gave my mum a rough time this year, not landing on one simple theme. 
But hey! I was having trouble and that was all Pintrest had to offer. 
Anywho, we had to make Macarons. It was imperative that we make them. We had never made macarons. Mum was scared to make them, but finally I was able to persuade her to try. The goal was to make some pink ones with yellow filling, and purple ones with green filling. (Going with the pastel colour scheme.)
Soooo we tried following a recipe I had found on pintrest...and, we got this.
They didn't exactly work the first time, it was terribly disappointing.
That night Mum began researching tips and different recipes, when she finally landed on this recipe. Mum felt more confident working with this one, it was specific and a lot simpler to follow. So the next day, we tried it. 

Lots and lots of measuring

The recipe said that if you were a beginner to not add colouring, because it makes them turn out differently. This time we didn't add any.
And we had success!
So, lesson learned, they're not hard to make if you measure correctly, and don't add colour and it is important that you have a good recipe. 
Annie was terribly interested in the sweet smells that were coming from the oven, ;P
We filled them with buttercream frosting, mixing in some pink food colouring.
The next thing we had to do was work on the favours.
Those included making bath bombs, shaped like cupcakes. (Mum's idea)
They each have a little rubber duckie in the middle,
We made pink and green.
There they are. 
(Note: You really don't want to try to eat these, just ask my sister...yeah, they taste like soap, and they fizz when they come in contact with water. just a warning.)
There's the finished product, they ended up very nicely.

The night before the party we made the cake.
The cake was one of the things I wasn't so sure about, since our family went GF, cakes have been a little harder to find mixes for. I had told mum that I wanted a funfetti cake, thinking that it wouldn't be very likely to happen unless we did it ourselves...and that didn't look like it was going to happen. We were running out of time.
Well, we were at Target looking down the cake aisle, when Mum found one.
Not completely sure she isn't a Hufflepuff. Just sayin'. Anyway! I got my funfetti cake.
We had picked up some chocolate candies for decorating the cake with,
Of course they're pastels.
We had found this cake on pintrest, so we kind of worked off of it for inspiration.
 I know this says Easter, but I rather like the idea for a tiered spring or summer wedding cake, too! Easter Polka Dot Cake | SugarHero.com
(via pintrest)



And there's the finished cake.
Then it was time for us to get ready for the party the next day.
--------------------------------
Party day! (Saturday)
Three sisters, we all look so pretty.

Decorating was fun, and Jess's job.

She and Cate made streamers to go about the room in different places, Jess also made this pretty banner with a lot of glitter.

She also painted me this cupcake.
It was the backdrop for the favour baskets.

Each girl got one Bath-bomb cupcake, a pastel sugar-scrub, nail-stickers and a "macaron" coin purse with a stamp and ink pad inside.
A few of the dollies were downstairs for the excitement, of course. But I didn't bring everyone down because I was afraid it would get crowded on the cedar-chest.
 Kanani somehow didn't make it into this picture.
The food....
We had turkey and roast-beef. Olive, tomato and fresh parmesan skewers.
Also a melon mix, (Cantaloupe, Watermelon, and Honey-dew)
Brownie bites, and s'more pops.
Macarons.
And of course the cake, 
Mum and Granddaddy also made a pot of Jambalaya.

Then it was time to eat and all of the food began to disappear.
A few of the lovely guests,
After we ate, we played some games, thanks to Mery and G.
Then it was time for cake and presents.

;) Mery.
More impromptu games! :D They were a lot of fun.

Then Rosie and I decided to start building my new Lego Friends set.
I'm not sure who built more of it. ;) 
(there will probably be a review on the set soon.)
Group pictures!!
Mery, Jess, G, Me, Cate, H and Em. 
So that was the party, it was a lot of fun and I'm so thankful that everyone was able to come on one day. Last year it took me three parties to see everyone. I'm so glad I was able to celebrate with all of you, thank you for being awesome friends you guys!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday was spent recharging after the party, and talking with Mery who slept over that night. It was a good last day of being fourteen.
-------
Birthday Morning:
So--I found out last year that August 17th isn't just my birthday, but it's also national appreciate your black cat day. How funny, I have a black cat.
Annie was very excited to hear that it was also her day, and very eager to be sure we all knew, she was also very sure that she got her wet-food. (Although it wasn't Friday.)

That doesn't mean that she was excited about having pictures taken of her though.
Anywho, I had packages when I came downstairs, that is one of the best ways to wake up, don't you think so?


Mum and Dad got me a small pink teapot with black cats on it.

I had gone upstairs to get something. In the meanwhile, Annie got curious and checked out the teapot.
(She makes this face every time we point a camera or phone at her.)
The second package was from across the pond. (England.) 
My friend Cath sent me a package with a lot of sweets that we don't have here in the states and some other fun stuff from England in it.
I was very surprised, she's so sweet. I wasn't expecting anything this big when she said she was sending me a package.
Later we tried one of the sweets she had sent.
Fruit Pastilles. 
They were very, very tasty! I can't wait to try some of the others, she also sent us some tea from Lancashire. I'll do a review soon. :D

Well, I believe that is all for this post. 
One more thing, today is Percy Jackson's birthday. If you do not know who this is...I hope I can interest you in these books. They are awesome, and heart wrenching and funny and sweet, and....over. :'( 
But yeah, they're really good. I started reading them ages ago.
Anyway, PJ is 22 today. And so yeah, yay for fictional Character's birthdays!
 
Love these guys, except him      ^ 
you're not supposed to like him.
So with that I will end this post.
Thank you all for reading this post.
Tell me below what your favourite thing about it was.
There ought to be another one up soon, school starts in three weeks. I'm going to try to get as many posts up before then as possible.
Thanks for almost 40 followers. It means a lot.
Happy August!
~Lu




2 comments:

  1. *sings* Haaaaaaaaaaaaapy biiiiiiiiitttttttthdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy tooooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu haaaaaaaapy biiiiiiiiiiiitrhdaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu hapyyyyyybirrrrrrrrrrrrthdayyyyyyyy dearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu HAPPYBIRTHDAYTOYOU!
    *tackle hugs* I wish so hard I could have sent you a card or somthing but alas that will have to wait!
    This video is not working so I will try and make another and this party looked like the best thing ever! I hope someday I will be with y'all on your bday?
    xD
    <3
    Your Aussie friend from across another larger pond
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! The party looks amazing! I love the macarons and bath bombs you made!

    ReplyDelete