Friday 16 September 2016

Review: AG Kit's Reporter Dress

Hullo dears, the first review from my AG San Francisco haul is going to be this adorable outfit; which you have already seen in some of my pictures.
This outfit released in 2014, and I've been wanting to get it since then, I was very fortunate to be able to this summer.
Its retail price is $28.00
The set includes, one dress, one pair of white shoes, a green barrette, and one vest.
Let's jump right in, today our model will be Miss Ruthie.
(Please don't ask me why she's standing on a chair. :P)
Here's an overall look at the dress. The skirt and top are all one piece. Unlike how I expected it to be when it first came out.
Here's the back.
Here's the bodice, and this is what it looks like on the doll.
Do you see those little wrinkles? I don't like those wrinkles, I don't know if it's just mine, but I think it doesn't fit the doll quite like it's supposed to, making the vest sit awkward, but you'll see that in a moment.
There's the back of the bodice. As you can see, there are wrinkles. Maybe I should iron it?
Here's a look at the collar. Very sweet red and turquoise embroidery detailing that follows the collar all the way around.
Also, the collar is wrinkled. But otherwise, I love the bow and embroidery.
Puffed sleeves!
Here's the skirt, it is pleated with gathers in the front. A very cute touch.
Here's the vest.
As you can see, this is a look of the vest and the peter-pan collar with the turquoise bow.
Back of the vest. As you can see, it continues the skirt's pattern smoothly.
Sleeves with the vest on.


The belt that makes you think the skirt and top would be separate, the buckle matches the bow.
The Shoes!
Now normally what I look for in a nice pair of doll shoes, is something that is pretty or very cute, something that will stay on, and something that matches.
These shoes are very plain, but match everything (as long as it is white), and they stay on well. so...
1 1/2 out of 3.

They have no buckle, button or embellishment of any sort. They're just plain white Mary-Janes.
Onto likely my favourite part of the set, and the last piece. The barrette!
This hair clip made this set for me, being the exact style of Kit's original meet clip.
Image result for american girl kits hair clip
And as you probably know by now, I'm a sucker for first edition or remakes of the original AG collection. And now I have this clip in two colours! Yay! *Clears throat* excuse me, my fangirl side was coming forth.
Now we're done with the review, onto my favourite part, the photo-shoot is next! Please enjoy!
~Photo-shoot~


I really like this picture, what do you think?












Well that is all for this post. If you'd like to see my YT video about this set, you can click here. Thank you for stopping by, I hope this post was helpful for you to see the ups and downs of this item, and maybe help you decide whether your dollies want it or not. If you have the outfit, does yours have a wrinkly top as well? What was your favourite picture? Please comment down below!
~Lu & Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment